Build a boat with Kool-Aid Jammers packets and/or Kool-Aid Bursts bottles and come to the Jammers Boat Races – the only event like it anywhere in the world.
The races will be held in the Lazy River floating channel at the Hastings City Aquacourt. In addition to awards for the fastest boats in several age categories, prizes will be awarded for Best Design and Best Kool-Aid Days Theme. The winners of each of the age categories will compete in the final race of the day for the Jammers Cup.
(5 to 12-year olds only).
SPONSORSHIP STILL AVAILABLE!
Call (402) 461-8405 for details.
If you have questions during construction about what is allowed, please contact the Kool-Aid Days Office.
Jammers Boat Race Details:
ON RACE DAY
- Check-in with the race officials at the boat display area between 3PM – 5 PM.
- Each entry will be assigned a number, which must be attached toward the front on each side of the boat. (Tape will be supplied by the race supervisor.)
- After checking in, you may set your boat on display.
- Each boat must be removed from the water after each race, to be taken home or disposed of in the on-site “Jammers Boat Graveyard.”
- Build the HULL with Kool-Aid Jammers packets and/or Kool-Aid Bursts bottles (minimum of five (5) packets and/or bottles). Make sure that you have washed out all the Kool-Aid! NO wood, plastic, Styrofoam, or other floating waterproof material
- For best results, use clear packing tape on the hull.
- NO metal/plastic staples, clamps, nails, screws, caulking compound
- You may use duct tape on the inside of the hull only
- You may use weights to stabilize your boat IF they are firmly taped inside the bottom of the hull. Be sure your boat isn’t too light because there’s no predicting the breezes in Nebraska!
- Decorations that are not part of the boat’s hull can be made of any material EXCEPT metal or glass.
- Be creative!
- Do not include pointed objects or sharp edges that could injure anyone handling the boat.
- If the topside is heavier than the hull, your boat will flip! Keep your boat’s center of gravity LOW.